Injured Gael Monfils Out of France Davis Cup Squad
France made two changes as injured Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Gael Monfils were sidelined for a highly-anticipated clash with Britain in next month's Davis Cup quarter-finals.
Gael Monfils. (Image credit: Getty Images)
Paris: France made two changes as injured Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Gael Monfils were sidelined for a highly-anticipated clash with Britain in next month's Davis Cup quarter-finals.
According to the French Tennis Federation, Herbert suffered a thigh muscle injury while Monfils had ankle and knee problems. They were replaced by Julien Benneteau and Jeremy Chardy on Wednesday, reports Xinhua news agency.
World number 10 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, whose wife recently gave birth to a baby, will be absent for the match to be held from April 7-9 in Rouen, France. The hosts will also be without the experienced Richard Gasquet.
Gilles Simon and Lucas Pouille will possibly feature in singles matches and Nicolas Mahut and Benneteau in the doubles. Chardy will be a substitute.
However, French captain Yannick Noah may still make a last-minute changes to the team.
Britain, who lead the head-to-head record at 12-9, will be without world number one Andy Murray due to an elbow injury.
Recommended For You
- Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Review: Rami Malek Effectively Captures Freddie Mercury's Pain
- Watch Makeup Artist Behind James Cameron's Avatar Turn Akshay Kumar into Beast for 2.0
- Demystifying Air Purifiers: Genuine Smartness is Why Dyson Pure Cool Sport Premium Price Tags
- 1st Ducati Panigale V4 Speciale Superbike Worth Rs 51.81 Lakh Arrives in India
- Midnight Snack: This City Has the Most Bed Bugs in the US, Sleep Tight