Injured Godin Could Miss Brazil, France and Barcelona
Atletico Madrid's Uruguayan defender Diego Godin is set to miss upcoming matches against Brazil, France and Barcelona after suffering a thigh injury in last weekend's league win over Athletic Bilbao.
Twitter/ B/R Football
Madrid: Atletico Madrid's Uruguayan defender Diego Godin is set to miss upcoming matches against Brazil, France and Barcelona after suffering a thigh injury in last weekend's league win over Athletic Bilbao.
Although the Spanish club refused to put a timeline on a return, AS sports daily reported the 32-year-old could be out for three to four weeks.
If confirmed it would rule Godin out of international friendlies away to Brazil on November 16 and France, at the Stade de France, on November 20.
Godin scored the winner in Atletico's 3-2 victory on Saturday which left them in third just one point behind leaders Barcelona, but could also miss the La Liga clash at home to the Catalan giants on November 24.
Atletico coach Diego Simeone is already without the services of fellow defenders Lucas Hernandez, Jose Maria Gimenez and Stefan Savic.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Actress Mohena Singh Looks Every Bit a Real-Life Princess in her Mehendi Outfit, See Pics
- Inside Kapil Sharma, Ginni Chatrath's Baby Shower Party
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- This Airline's All-Women Crew Flew 120 Young Girls to NASA to Promote Gender Equality
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria