IOC Extends Sanctions Against Russia Over Doping
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) on Wednesday extended sanctions against Russia over doping until further notice.
IOC president Thomas Bach. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Lausanne: The International Olympic Committee (IOC) on Wednesday extended sanctions against Russia over doping until further notice.
The IOC first imposed sanctions on Russia in July in the wake of Richard McLaren's report for the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) that revealed widespread state-backed doping and led to the exclusion of hundreds of Russian athletes from the Rio Olympics.
The IOC executive board "decided to extend the provisional measures ... against Russia until further notice", two days before the McLaren's full report is released, in London.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Hails 'Crusader' Sunitha Krishnan for Helping Sex Trafficking Victims
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony