It’s a Start: Andy Murray Is Back on the Tennis Court After Two Months
Andy Murray posted a short video of himself hitting the ball in an outdoor court against a wall. This is his first instance of playing tennis after a hip resurfacing surgery.
Andy Murray had undergone a hip resurfacing surgery after his first round exit from Australian Open. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Andy Murray has returned to a tennis court two months after undergoing hip resurfacing surgery.
Murray, who has not played competitively since his first round exit at the Australian Open in January, said last month he could possibly play at Wimbledon as he was now pain free after the surgery.
The 31-year-old posted a short video on Instagram, where he was seen hitting the ball in an outdoor court while rallying with a wall with a caption, "It's a start."
Murray had said he was not sure he could play in the singles draw at Wimbledon, a tournament he has won twice, but targeted a possible return in doubles at this year's tournament as it put less stress on his hip.
The three-times Grand Slam champion compared his situation to that of American doubles player Bob Bryan who returned to the court 5-1/2 months after a similar procedure.
This year's Wimbledon begins on July 1.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- Dabangg 3: Salman Khan Introduces Saiee Manjrekar with A Quirky Caption
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge