Japan Thrash Hosts Thailand 3-0 to Win Uber Cup
Japan's women took the Uber Cup on Saturday, defeating hosts Thailand 3-0, clinching the prestigious badminton title for the first time since 1981
Twitter/ Doha Stadium Plus
Bangkok: Japan's women took the Uber Cup on Saturday, defeating hosts Thailand 3-0, clinching the prestigious badminton title for the first time since 1981.
Star player Akane Yamaguchi got Japan off to a flyer, beating Ratchanok Intanon 21-15, 21-19 in the first singles match.
World number two doubles pair Yuki Fukushima and Sayaka Hirota picked up the second point, before Nozomi Okuhara sealed the win, defeating Nitchaon Jindapol 21-12, 21-9.
On Sunday, Japan will look to make it a clean sweep in Bangkok when their men play China for the Thomas Cup.
Recommended For You
- Chandrayaan 2 Launched Successfully by ISRO | India's Second Moon Mission
- FaceApp-like Technology Helps Chinese Police Reunite Man Kidnapped 18 Years Ago with Family
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 vs Realme X: Battle for the Value Champion Heats up
- Xiaomi Redmi K20, K20 Pro go on Sale Today: Price, Launch Offers and More
- Farewell, Sheila Dikshit: PM Modi, Congress Leaders Bid Adieu To Former Delhi CM