JK Himalayan Drive: Asgar Ali & Muhammad Mustafa Crowned Champions
National champions Asgar Ali and Muhammad Mustafa underlined their supremacy here on Thursday while claiming the Biswa Bangla JK Tyre Himalayan Drive crown in style.
Asgar Ali and Muhammad Mustafa.
Siliguri: National champions Asgar Ali and Muhammad Mustafa underlined their supremacy here on Thursday while claiming the Biswa Bangla JK Tyre Himalayan Drive crown in style.
India’s TSD (Time, Speed and Distance) kings were in tremendous form in this demanding five-legged championship, taking the lead early on the first day and tenaciously hanging on to it till the very end. They tackled the tough hilly terrain, demanding forest paths and every obstacle that was thrown at them.
Deep Dutta and Prakash Muthuswamy finished second while Ashish Budhia and Arindam Ghosh took the last spot on the podium.
The fifth and the final leg saw the rallyists start their journey from Hile in Nepal early on Thursday morning and making their way here to Siliguri for the prize distribution ceremony.
The Biswa Bangla JK Tyre Himalayan Drive 5 created motorsports history on Wednesday by becoming the first TSD (Time, Speed and Distance) rally from the country to enter three nations. It covered over 1200 kilometres in its journey to Bhutan and Nepal.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Spider-Man Tom Holland Accidentally Uploads Entire Avengers: Endgame on Twitter? Deets Inside
- Cristiano Ronaldo Penalty Fear Keeps Iran Alive at Asian Cup
- Yamaha Motorcycles India Launches Updated FZ-Series, FZ25 and Fazer-25, Prices Start at Rs 95,000
- Singer Ariana Grande in Trouble as Three Rappers Accuse Her of Plagiarism
- Stephen Fry Just Spotted 'Adarsh Balak' Poster at His Doctor's Office, and Desi Twitter Has Lost it
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s