John Isner Fires 26 Aces to Beat Yoshihito Nishioka at Memphis Open
US second seed John Isner blasted 26 aces Wednesday in rallying to defeat Japan's Yoshihito Nishioka 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 and advance to the ATP Memphis Open quarter-finals.
John Isner. (Getty Images)
Washington: US second seed John Isner blasted 26 aces Wednesday in rallying to defeat Japan's Yoshihito Nishioka 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 and advance to the ATP Memphis Open quarter-finals.
Isner took one hour and 49 minutes to book a Friday last-eight date with compatriot Donald Young, who advanced with a 7-6 (7/3), 6-3 triumph over American teen Reilly Opelka in the indoor hardcourt event.
Bosnian Damir Dzumhur upset Belgian seventh seed Steve Darcis 7-6 (7/2), 6-4 in another second-round match. He will face American Ryan Harrison -- who eliminated US third seed Sam Querrey 6-3, 6-1 -- in another Friday quarter-final.
In first-round matchups, Georgia's Nikoloz Basilashvili downed Australia's Jordan Thompson 6-3, 6-0, and Kazakhstan's Mikhail Kukushkin ousted German lucky loser Benjamin Becker 6-3, 6-4.
Kukushkin will next face Barbados qualifier Darian King while Basilashvili meets Croatian top seed Ivo Karlovic on Thursday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 Written Update: Rashami Desai Reveals She had Issues with Sidharth Shukla
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Cardi B Once Drugged, Robbed Late Rapper Chinx Drugz
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring