Leander Paes Begins Training for Davis Cup
Amid continuing suspense over India's doubles combination, veteran Leander Paes on Wednesday began training for the Davis Cup Asia/Oceania Zone Group I tie against Uzbekistan, starting on Friday.
Leander Paes. (Getty Images)
Bengaluru: Amid continuing suspense over India's doubles combination, veteran Leander Paes on Wednesday began training for the Davis Cup Asia/Oceania Zone Group I tie against Uzbekistan, starting on Friday.
The 43-year-old worked on his serve, backhand returns and forehand shots as he sweated it out at the KSLTA hard courts here.
"Oh, it feels so great," Paes said during one of the breaks at the practice session.
Paes arrived in the city last evening from Mexico amidst non-playing captain Mahesh Bhupathi refusing to reveal the doubles combination for the Davis Cup tie against Uzbekistan.
Bhupathi has kept Rohan Bopanna and Paes as reserves.
Paes flew in from Leon, where he won his first Challenger title of the season, bagging the doubles title in the USD 75,000 Challenger Tennis Tournament on April 1.
Paes and his partner Adil Shamasdin of Canada outplayed Luca Margaroli of Switzerland and Brazil's Calo Zamperi 6-1 6-4 in the final.
Recommended For You
- Cyber Terrorism: Teen Gets Two Years Jail For Accessing CIA Head's Email Account
- Calvin Harris, Madonna, Alia Bhatt and Others Mourn DJ Avicii's Sudden Demise
- Bollywood Star Jacqueline Fernandez Gifts Make-Up Artist Jeep Compass SUV – Watch Video
- Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X Detailed Image Gallery – See Pics
- India Favourites to Win World Cup, Says Sehwag