Lucie Safarova qualifies for WTA finals as Suarez Navarro loses
Lucie Safarova qualified for the WTA finals on Thursday after her last rival Carla Suarez Navarro lost to a qualifier at the Kremlin Cup.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Moscow: Lucie Safarova qualified for the WTA finals on Thursday after her last rival Carla Suarez Navarro lost to a qualifier at the Kremlin Cup.
Suarez Navarro could have qualified for the season-ending tournament in Singapore by reaching the final in Moscow but was beaten 6-1, 6-2 by Russia's Daria Kasatkina in the quarterfinals.
Suarez Navarro landed just 56 percent of her first serves as she was dismissed in less than an hour by Kasatkina, who at 104th in the world is ranked 90 places below her Spanish opponent.
Czech player Safarova had lost in the first round in Moscow to reigning champion Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Taimur Forget Way to Pataudi Palace, Locals Catch Them for Selfies
- Priyanka Chopra Plans the Perfect Birthday Outing for Nick Jonas
- Woman Sets Apartment on Fire While Trying to Burn Love Letter from Her Ex
- After Burning it Out at The Gym, Disha Patani Slays the Dance Floor with Killer Moves
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get