Lucie Safarova qualifies for WTA finals as Suarez Navarro loses
Lucie Safarova qualified for the WTA finals on Thursday after her last rival Carla Suarez Navarro lost to a qualifier at the Kremlin Cup.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Moscow: Lucie Safarova qualified for the WTA finals on Thursday after her last rival Carla Suarez Navarro lost to a qualifier at the Kremlin Cup.
Suarez Navarro could have qualified for the season-ending tournament in Singapore by reaching the final in Moscow but was beaten 6-1, 6-2 by Russia's Daria Kasatkina in the quarterfinals.
Suarez Navarro landed just 56 percent of her first serves as she was dismissed in less than an hour by Kasatkina, who at 104th in the world is ranked 90 places below her Spanish opponent.
Czech player Safarova had lost in the first round in Moscow to reigning champion Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Poonam Pandey in an Ugly Legal Battle with Shilpa Shetty's Husband Raj Kundra, Case Reaches High Court
- Rangoli Chandel Lashes Out at Alia, Ananya, Karan Post Kangana Ranaut's Snub at Filmfare
- Watch: RPF Officers Hailed for Saving Two Passengers on the Same Day in Odisha and Mumbai
- As Airtel, Vodafone Bite the Bullet on AGR Payments, Brokerages Raise Red Flag
- Coronavirus Not Virus But an 'Avatar' to Punish Non-vegetarians: Hindu Mahasabha