Man United's Martial, Lukaku Injury Concerns For FA Cup Final
Manchester United have concerns about the fitness of Anthony Martial and Romelu Lukaku ahead of Saturday's FA Cup final against Chelsea, manager Jose Mourinho has said
Manchester United have concerns about the fitness of Anthony Martial and Romelu Lukaku ahead of Saturday's FA Cup final against Chelsea, manager Jose Mourinho has said.
France international Martial, who has scored 11 goals in all competitions, missed United's 1-0 win over Watford on Sunday due to a knee injury.
Lukaku, United's leading scorer in the league with 16, sustained an ankle injury in last month's victory over Arsenal and travelled back to Belgium to recover.
"Anthony, I have to wait a bit for more. It's his knee," Mourinho told reporters.
"He was injured in the Friday training session and yesterday (Saturday) he couldn't train. He had treatment in the morning at the training ground and he stayed away.
"I'm waiting for the doctor but when it's impossible to play today, I have my doubts (for the Cup final). Let's wait and see, also for Romelu. I know he will be back on Tuesday."
United, who finished second behind champions Manchester City, face Chelsea in the FA Cup final at Wembley on Saturday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Realme X2 Pro to Launch Alongside Realme 5s: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream
- You Can Now Own an Original Picasso Painting For Less Than Rs 8,000
- Tottenham Hotspur Sack Manager Mauricio Pochettino, Jose Mourinho Linked to the Job
- Smriti Irani Reveals What She and Bill Gates Have in Common in Hilarious Insta Post
- Kerala MLA Asked Locals to Gift Him Books, Now He's Donating Them to School Libraries