Manchester Attack: Man Utd Cancel Europa League Press Conference
Manchester United have cancelled their news conference ahead of the Europa League final in Stockholm following Monday's suicide attack at a pop concert in their own city which killed 22 people.
Representative Image. (Getty Images)
Zurich: Manchester United have cancelled their news conference ahead of the Europa League final in Stockholm following Monday's suicide attack at a pop concert in their own city which killed 22 people.
European soccer body UEFA said it had agreed to a request from United to cancel Tuesday's conference, which was due to be held at the Friends Arena, the venue for Wednesday's match against Dutch side Ajax Amsterdam.
UEFA said the team would practice at their own ground on Tuesday as planned before flying to Sweden. A team walk at the stadium in the evening would go ahead.
At least 22 people were killed and 59 were wounded when the suicide bomber struck as thousands of fans streamed out of a concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in Manchester on Monday night.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh Wedding: Bollywood Sends Its Best Wishes to the Newlyweds
- Farhan Akhtar Feels Great as He 'Bumped' into Rumoured Girlfriend Shibani Dandekar, See Post
- Kapil Sharma-Ginni Chatrath Pre-wedding Details Revealed, Rituals to Start From This Date
- Shah Rukh Khan and Jack Dorsey's Twitter Banter Has Inspired the Funniest Memes on the Internet
- Saregama Carvaan Premium Review: Old World Charm is Undeniable, And is Smarter Than Before