Manchester Attack: Man Utd Cancel Europa League Press Conference
Manchester United have cancelled their news conference ahead of the Europa League final in Stockholm following Monday's suicide attack at a pop concert in their own city which killed 22 people.
Representative Image. (Getty Images)
Zurich: Manchester United have cancelled their news conference ahead of the Europa League final in Stockholm following Monday's suicide attack at a pop concert in their own city which killed 22 people.
European soccer body UEFA said it had agreed to a request from United to cancel Tuesday's conference, which was due to be held at the Friends Arena, the venue for Wednesday's match against Dutch side Ajax Amsterdam.
UEFA said the team would practice at their own ground on Tuesday as planned before flying to Sweden. A team walk at the stadium in the evening would go ahead.
At least 22 people were killed and 59 were wounded when the suicide bomber struck as thousands of fans streamed out of a concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in Manchester on Monday night.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy
- Pregnant Woman, Family Spend Night on Tree as Yamuna Flowed Above Danger Mark in Delhi
- Microsoft Launcher Update 5.7 Brings Enhanced Cortana Features