Manchester United's Juan Mata to Miss Rest of Season
Manchester United' chief coach Jose Mourinho has confirmed that midfielder Juan Mata will not play for the rest of the football season following a groin surgery.
Juan Mata. (Getty Images)
Manchester: Manchester United' chief coach Jose Mourinho has confirmed that midfielder Juan Mata will not play for the rest of the football season following a groin surgery.
Mata, 28, underwent surgery last month but the club hoped he could return to the field before the end of the English Premier League on May 21, reports Efe.
However, Mourinho on Friday revealed in the press conference prior to Sunday's duel with Chelsea that the Spanish international will not be available "until the end of May".
In addition, Mourinho reported that goalkeeper David De Gea is available to face Chelsea at the Old Trafford stadium here, while defenders Chris Smalling and Phil Jones will not return "until mid-May".
Recommended For You
- Honor 7A First Impressions Review: A Great Offer at Rs 8,999
- Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After Marrying Prince Harry
- Politician Jaya Jaitly Upset with Priyanka Chopra's 'British Aristocrat' Dress at the Royal Wedding
- Sachin Tendulkar Wants Sports Education and History as Compulsory Subject
- Mowgli Trailer Gives a Glimpse of Darker, More Dangerous Version of The Jungle Book