Manju Rani Assures India of Silver as She Enters Women's World Boxing Championships Final
Manju Rani beat former World Championships bronze medallist Chuthamat Raksat to enter 48kg final at World Championships.
Manju Rani assured herself of a silver at World Championships. (Photo Credit: BFI)
Manju Rani assured herself of at least a silver medal at the Women's World Boxing Championships at Ulan-Ude on Saturday as she beat the former World Championships bronze medallist Chuthamat Raksat 4-1 in the semi-finals.
After Mary Kom had to settle for bronze, Manju made sure that India would have its presence on the finals day on Sunday.
The judges' points at the end of the semi-final bout stood at 29-28, 30-27, 29-28, 28-29, 29-28 in Rani's favour. She will face Russia's second seed Ekaterina Paltceva in the summit clash on Sunday.
Manju's opponent Raksat had earlier upset fifth seed Yuliyanova Asenova and the Indian had lost to her in Thailand Open earlier this year but this time Manju put up a dominating performance to get the win.
Manju had earlier shocked top seed Kim Hyang Mi of North Korea 4-1 in the quarter-final to assure herself a medal.
Up next, Jamuna Boro's will be taking Taiwan's Hsiao-Wen Huang in the 54 kg semi-final and Lovlina Borgohain will face China's Liu Yang in 69 kg semi-final.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Water Baby Kim Sharma Sets the Temperature Soaring on Instagram, See Here
- Here's How Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Decided to 'Chill' After a Concert Night
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Plans Start at Rs 222 Which Includes Bundled Non-Jio Calls
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display