Manu Bhaker, Anish Bhanwala Win Gold Medals in Senior as well as Junior Events in Nationals
Manu Bhaker won gold medals in the women's 10m air pistol senior and junior events, as Anish Bhanwala won both golds in the men's 25m rapid fire pistol events of the National Shooting Championship.
File photo of Manu Bhaker.
Bhopal: Commonwealth Games champions Manu Bhaker and Anish Bhanwala swept the senior and junior gold medals in the women's 10m air pistol and men's 25m rapid fire pistol events at the National Shooting Championships here on Tuesday.
The 17-year-old Bhaker, representing Haryana, clinched four gold medals (individual and team events in senior and junior) on Tuesday to add to her two won earlier in the competition and also equalled the qualification national record en-route a facile victory.
Her state-mate Anish, also 17, won both the individual and team gold medals in the senior and junior men's categories of his event to stamp his dominance.
Bhaker, who has also won India one of its 15 Tokyo Olympics quota berths, shot 588 to top qualifications and equal the record set by Annu Raj Singh in the South Asian Games. She then shot a 243 to emerge triumphant in the eight-woman final.
Devanshi Dhama was way back with 237.8 and another Tokyo quota winner Yashaswini Singh Deswal won bronze with 217.7.
Bhanwala shot 28 in the rapid fire final to leave behind Bhavesh Shekhawat of Rajasthan who ended with 26 while Chandigarh's Vijayveer Sidhu came third with 22 hits.
Bhanwala had also topped the qualifying with a score of 582.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Trailers This Week: Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, To All The Boys 2 Prep Audience for Valentine's Month
- Panga Vs Street Dancer 3D Box Office Collection Day 2: Word of Mouth Works in Favour of Kangana Ranaut's Film
- Republic Day 2020: Patriotic Fervour Runs High Among B-town Celebs as They Post Pics With Tricolour
- This Luxury Insect Ice-Cream Made from Bug 'Milk' Has Zero Sugar and Carb
- Donald Trump's New Space Force Logo is Eerily Similar to Star Trek's Starfleet Command