McIlroy Leads Young Sportspersons' Rich List: Sunday Times
Former world number one golfer Rory McIlroy is the richest young sportsperson in Britain and Ireland with a net worth of 110 million pounds ($149.14 million), according to the Sunday Times newspaper's Rich List
Former world number one golfer Rory McIlroy is the richest young sportsperson in Britain and Ireland with a net worth of 110 million pounds ($149.14 million), according to the Sunday Times newspaper's Rich List.
McIlroy's earnings have been boosted by his return to form in recent weeks, which saw him emerge as one of the contenders at the U.S. Masters before finishing tied for fifth.
Last year, the 29-year-old signed two 10-year endorsement deals worth $100 million each, with sportswear brand Nike and club manufacturer TaylorMade.
Tennis player Andy Murray is second in the rankings, with the Scot's wealth estimated at 83 million pounds.
A relatively modest 6 million pounds increase on the three-times grand slam winner's valuation from 2017 reflects his absence from the court after suffering a hip injury at last year's Wimbledon.
Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale and Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero are in the third and fourth spots respectively.
British heavyweight boxer Anthony Joshua, who most recently earned 18 million pounds from his title bout with Joseph Parker, completes the top-five.
10 richest young sports stars aged 30 or under (2018 wealth figures in pounds)
1. Rory McIlroy (golf) - 110 million
2. Andy Murray (tennis) - 83 million
3. Gareth Bale (soccer) - 74 million
4. Sergio Aguero (soccer) - 48 million
5. Anthony Joshua (boxing) - 35 million
6. Eden Hazard (soccer) - 32 million
7. Mesut Ozil (soccer) - 28 million
8. Theo Walcott (soccer) - 26 million
9. Paul Pogba (soccer) - 25 million
10. Juan Mata (soccer) - 24 million
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Erica Fernandes, Parth Samthaan Vacationing in Maldives
- Salman Khan Promises Tatkal Ticket to Finale in Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- Scarlett Johansson Tops Forbes List of the Highest-paid Actresses
- NASA’s Next Moon Landing Will be Powered by The Aitken Supercomputer Made by HP
- First Details of The OnePlus TV Confirmed: It Will Have a 55-Inch QLED Panel