Miami Open: Rafael Nadal Powers Past Fognini into Final
Rafa Nadal rolled by unseeded Italian Fabio Fognini 6-1, 7-5 on Friday to reach his fifth Miami Open final.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Miami: Rafa Nadal rolled by unseeded Italian Fabio Fognini 6-1, 7-5 on Friday to reach his fifth Miami Open final and a potential rematch of the Australian Open decider with Roger Federer.
The fifth-seeded Spaniard, with a display of powerful serving and opportunistic returns, did not face a break point against Fognini and put his opponent's serve under pressure throughout the 90-minute match.
The Italian came to life in the second set, including a stretch where he erased five break points during his first two service games.
But at 5-5, just when it looked as if Fognini might force a decisive third set, he double faulted and Nadal got his break before sealing the match four points later.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Old MS Dhoni is Back With a Vengeance: Border
- Manikarnika: Karni Sena Claims They are Not Involved in Protests Against Kangana Ranaut's Film
- Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain Actress Saumya Tandon Shares First Photo of Her Newborn Son
- This Bizarre Video Of a 'Baby Birth' Nail Art Tutorial Is Scarring The Internet
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Vs Flipkart Republic Day Sale: Discounts on Apple, OnePlus, Smartphones And More
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s