Mohamed Hussamuddin Wins Silver at 68th Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament
Mohamed Hussamuddin lost a closely-contested final to settle for a silver medal as India signed off with three medals at the 68th Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Representative image of the sport of boxing (Getty Images)
New Delhi: Mohamed Hussamuddin lost a closely-contested final to settle for a silver medal as India signed off with three medals at the 68th Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Hussamuddin was beaten 2-3 by Ukraine's Mykola Butsenko in the bantamweight (56kg) final.
India thus ended with three medals at the event after Amit Phangal (49kg) and Meena Kumari Maisnam (54kg) lost their respective semifinals to settle for bronze medals.
India had sent a 15-strong squad -- comprising 10 men and 5 women -- for the event which featured over 200 boxers from 31 countries.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- In Pics: Kapil, Ginni Joined by Krushna, Sumona & Bharti for Their Pre-Wedding Festivities
- Malaika Arora is Giving Rumoured Boyfriend Arjun Kapoor Some Serious Monday Motivation, See Pic
- Kartik Aaryan Reveals The Reason Why He Wants to Have Babies With Katrina Kaif
- 'Her Holes Get Better With Age': Newspaper Makes the Most Awkward Typo in Julia Roberts Headline
- 'Life Saver' Alisson, Salah Strike Take Liverpool Into Last 16
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s