Mohamed Hussamuddin Wins Silver at 68th Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament
Mohamed Hussamuddin lost a closely-contested final to settle for a silver medal as India signed off with three medals at the 68th Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Image credit: Getty Images.
New Delhi: Mohamed Hussamuddin lost a closely-contested final to settle for a silver medal as India signed off with three medals at the 68th Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Hussamuddin was beaten 2-3 by Ukraine's Mykola Butsenko in the bantamweight (56kg) final.
India thus ended with three medals at the event after Amit Phangal (49kg) and Meena Kumari Maisnam (54kg) lost their respective semifinals to settle for bronze medals.
India had sent a 15-strong squad -- comprising 10 men and 5 women -- for the event which featured over 200 boxers from 31 countries.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Kapil Sharma, Ginni Chatrath's Baby Shower Party
- Bigg Boss 13: Salman Khan Announces Sidharth Shukla to be Rashami Desai's Slave, She Refuses
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day