Monte-Carlo Masters: Lajovic Reaches Maiden Masters Final After Medvedev Meltdown
Monte-Carlo Masters: Dusan Lajovic fought off a rampant Daniil Medvedev early on to win 7-5, 6-1 to reach his maiden Masters final.
Monte-Carlo Masters: Dusan Lajovic fought back a double break to beat Daniil Medvedev in the semi-final. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Serbian Dusan Lajovic reached his first Masters final when he mastered windy conditions to beat Russian Daniil Medvedev 7-5, 6-1 in Monte Carlo on Saturday.
Lajovic, who will take on either 11-times champion Rafa Nadal of Spain or Italian Fabio Fognini, trailed 3-0 in the opening set before going through the gears.
The 10th-seeded Medvedev could not hold the pace as whirlwinds swept across centre court at the Monte Carlo Country Club.
Lajovic quickly moved 4-0 up in the second set against a frustrated opponent, who bowed out on the second match point.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mohena Kumari Singh is Radiant as a Royal Bride at Her Traditional Rajput Wedding, See Pics
- Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar and Ananya Panday's First Looks From Pati Patni Aur Woh Revealed
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro