Monte Carlos Masters: Bopanna, Cuevas Reach Quarter-finals
Rohan Bopanna and his partner Pablo Cuevas knocked out fifth seeds Raven Klaasen and Rajeev Ram after a three-set battle to progress to the quarterfinals of the ATP Monte Carlo Masters.
Rohan Bopanna. (Getty Images)
Monaco: Rohan Bopanna and his partner Pablo Cuevas knocked out fifth seeds Raven Klaasen and Rajeev Ram after a three-set battle to progress to the quarterfinals of the ATP Monte Carlo Masters event here.
The unseeded Indo-Uruguay pair pipped the Protea-American combination 6-7(6) 6-4 10-6 in the pre-quarterfinals.
They next face top seeded team of Henri Kontinen from Finland and Australia's John Peers, who ensured exit of NovakDjokovic and Victor Troicki with a 6-3 6-4 win.
The Monte Carlo Masters is fifth tournament Bopanna is playing with Cuevas and this is their best performance together after joining forces at the beginning of the season.
Bopanna won the season-opening ATP 250 Chennai Open with compatriot Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan and reached final of ATP 500 Dubai Championships with Polish partner Marcin Matkowski.
Recommended For You
- Sanjay Dutt Biopic Teaser Set To Release Today, Here's What We Know So Far
- US Soldier Becomes World's First Penis Transplant Receiver, Was Injured in Afghanistan
- Ford Freestyle Launching in India on April 26, Will it be Priced Under Rs 6 Lakh?
- ‘Cancelled Ola Ride as Driver Was ...,’ Controversial Tweet Triggers Hilarious Memes
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro First Impressions Review: An All-Rounder With a Mammoth Battery