Mumbai Open: Ankita, Rutuja Exit to Signal End of Indian challenge
India's lukewarm challenge in the L and T Mumbai Open tennis championship came to an end on Thursday following the elimination of Ankita Raina in singles and Rutuja Bhosale in doubles.
Ankita Raina. (AFP)
Mumbai: India's lukewarm challenge in the L and T Mumbai Open tennis championship came to an end on Thursday following the elimination of Ankita Raina in singles and Rutuja Bhosale in doubles.
Ankita served poorly right through her pre-quarterfinal tie against Montenegro opponent Danka Kovinic and was beaten 6-2 7-5 in just 1 hour and 17 minutes on the hard courts of the Cricket Club of India.
Later, Rutuja too made her exit as she and her Japanese partner Hiroko Kuwata went down tamely 3-6 3-6 against the top seeded pair of Dalila Jakupovic of Slovenia and Irina Khromacheva of Russia in the doubles quarter final of the WTA event.
The tournament is set to conclude with the finals on Sunday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Unseen Pictures From Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput's Wedding Surface, See Here
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL Opening Ceremony
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring