Nadal Returns From Injury For Davis Cup Quarterfinal
World number two Rafa Nadal has been named in Spain's squad for their Davis Cup World Group quarter-final against Germany in Valencia next month.
Rafael Nadal (Image Credit: Getty Images.)
Madrid: World number two Rafa Nadal has been named in Spain's squad for their Davis Cup World Group quarter-final against Germany in Valencia next month.
The 31-year-old has not played in the competition since helping five-time winners Spain return to the top tier of world tennis with victory in India in 2016.
Nadal was named in captain Sergi Bruguera’s team alongside Pablo Carreno Busta, Roberto Bautista Agut, David Ferrer and Feliciano Lopez.
Nadal, 16-times grand slam champion, withdrew from the Australian Open in January after reaching the last eight due to an upper quad problem.
He had been expected to return at the Mexican Open at the end of February, but missed his fifth tournament in a row.
The Davis Cup quarter-finals take place over the weekend of April 6-8.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Too Low, Mountain Ahead: Flying Into Fog, Kobe Bryant’s Pilot Had a Decision to Make
- Bigg Boss 13: Himanshi Khurana Enters House, Asim Riaz Proposes Marriage to Her
- Motorola Actually Made a Video About Caring For The Razr And it is Ridiculous
- IWL 2020: Sabitra Bhandari Scores 5, Karishma Shirvoikar Bags Hat-trick as Gokulam Kerala FC Smash Kenkre FC
- Jadeja Takes a Cheeky Dig at Sanjay Manjrekar After His 'Player of the Match' Tweet