Neymar Sends Injury Scare Through Brazil Camp
Neymar gave Brazil an injury scare ahead of their final 2018 World Cup qualifiers by limping off the pitch during a training session.
File photo of Neymar in action (Getty Images)
Teresopolis: Neymar gave Brazil an injury scare ahead of their final 2018 World Cup qualifiers by limping off the pitch during a training session. Neymar appeared to suffer a knock to his right foot while disputing a ball with fellow forward Diego Tardelli at Brazil's Granja Comary training base on Monday, reports Xinhua news agency.
Brazil team officials later played down the incident, saying the 25-year-old was not expected to last the entire session. Just 16 players took part in Brazil training on Monday with eight others due to arrive after long-haul flights from Europe on Tuesday.
The five-time World Cup winners will play Bolivia in La Paz on Thursday and Chile in Sao Paulo five days later.
Brazil are already guaranteed a place in Russia next year and lead the South American zone's CONMEBOL standings with 37 points from 16 matches.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Realme X50 Pro 5G Goes on Sale From Rs 37,999 And is The First 5G Phone in India
- Bengaluru 'Bottle Artist' Captures Trump and Modi in Glass Jars to Welcome POTUS to India
- 'I've Got to be a Macho Man': The Song That Played at Motera Stadium to Welcome Trump and Modi
- Aditya Narayan Will Get Married This Year But Not to Neha Kakkar
- On Sridevi's 2nd Death Anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor Shares Throwback Pic with an Emotional Note