Nick Kyrgios Pulls Out of Roland Garros, Days After He Bashed the Tournament Online
Nick Kyrgios on Thursday pulled out of the French Open just days after he had said that he doesn't like clay and the French Open.
Nick Kyrgios had said Wimbledon is the best tournament in the world. (Getty Images)
Firebrand Nick Kyrgios pulled out of Roland Garros on Friday, just days after saying the French Open "sucks".
Organisers confirmed the Australian's withdrawal from the second Grand Slam tournament of the season and he will be replaced by a lucky loser from qualifying.
The 24-year-old was due to have faced Britain's Cameron Norrie in the first round.
Last week, Kyrgios was disqualified from the Italian Open in Rome and headed straight to London to practice with Andy Murray at Wimbledon.
"I think this is the best tournament in the world, look at this perfect green surface," Kyrgios wrote on Instagram alongside a picture of him sitting on the grass courts.
"Get rid of the clay, man. Who likes the clay, it is so bad.
"The French Open s***s compared to this place. S***s. Absolute s***s."
Kyrgios also withdrew from the French Open last year and has never reached the second week in Paris.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Anand Mahindra Wants to Gift a Car to Man Who Took His Mother on India Tour on Scooter
- Salman Khan's Dabangg 3 Trailer to be Attached with Akshay Kumar's Housefull 4
- People are Copy-Pasting Nick Jonas' Karwa Chauth Tweet but With a Hilarious Twist
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge