Novak Djokovic Brushes Aside Ugo Humbert to Book 11th Wimbledon Quarters
Novak Djokovic marched into his 11th Wimbledon quarter-final with a breezy straight-set win over Ugo Humbert.
Novak Djokovic easily defeated Ugo Humbert (Photo Credit: Reuters)
London: Defending champion Novak Djokovic reached his 11th Wimbledon quarter-final on Monday and 45th at the majors with a 6-3, 6-2, 6-3 win over France's Ugo Humbert.
Four-time champion and top seed Djokovic will face Belgium's David Goffin for a place in the semi-finals.
Djokovic, 32, has a 5-1 career record over 21st seed Goffin who will be playing in his first Wimbledon quarter-final.
— Wimbledon (@Wimbledon) July 8, 2019
Humbert, the world number 66, had never played a match on grass before this season.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- Ali Fazal Calls Meeting with Al Pacino 'Best Gift of 2019'
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones
- India, Stressed: More than Half of Commuters in Metro Cities Likely to Commit Road Rage
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works