Pete Sampras asks Nick Kyrgios to behave
Kyrgios has been given a suspended 28-day ban and fined $25,000 by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) for making lewd remarks about Wawrinka's girlfriend.
Image credit: Getty Images
New York: Tennis legend Pete Sampras singled out controversial Australian player Nick Kyrgios for some words of wisdom, asking him to behave during a promotional event here.
Kyrgios on Monday joined tennis' biggest names, including Serena Williams, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Andre Agassi, Eugenie Bouchard and Maria Sharapova, for a Nike apparel promotion ahead of next week's US Open, reports news.com.au.
Kyrgios has been given a suspended 28-day ban and fined $25,000 by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) for making lewd remarks about Stan Wawrinka's girlfriend.
Kyrgios jibed at World No.5 Wawrinka during a match in Montreal a couple of weeks ago saying, "(Thanasi) Kokkinakis banged your girlfriend. Sorry to tell you that, mate."
The comment did not go down well in the international tennis circuit.
Fourteen-time Grand Slam champion Sampras reportedly told Kyrgios, "behave, young man".
Recommended For You
- Neha Dhupia's 8-month-old Daughter Mehr Explains Monday Blues in the Most Adorable Manner
- Was a Brazil Priest Really Pushed Off Stage for Saying 'Fat Women Can't Go to Heaven'?
- German Woman Tries to Buy Audi Car with 'Monopoly' Money, Gets Busted
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 vs Realme X: Battle for the Value Champion Heats up
- India A Complete 4-1 Series Win Against West Indies A