Philippe Coutinho Extends Liverpool Contract Till 2022
Brazil international midfielder Philippe Coutinho has extended his contract with Liverpool, the Premier League side said on its website (www.liverpoolfc.com) on Wednesday.
File Image of Jurgen Klopp. and Phillipe Coutinho. (Getty Images)
Liverpool: Brazil international midfielder Philippe Coutinho has extended his contract with Liverpool, the Premier League side said on its website (www.liverpoolfc.com) on Wednesday.
Although no official details of his new contract were revealed, media reports said the 24-year-old signed a five-and-a-half year extension that will keep him at Liverpool until 2022 and make him the club's highest-paid player.
"It gives me great happiness because I was welcomed here with open arms by everyone at the club and the supporters right from my first day."
Coutinho has scored 34 goals in 163 appearances since he joined the Merseyside club from Inter Milan in January 2013 and has played a pivotal role in Liverpool's solid first half of the season.
Liverpool are fourth in the Premier League standings after 21 games, 10 points behind leaders Chelsea, who they face at Anfield next Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- Secret to Male Sexual Stamina is Veggies? PETA's New Ad on 'Toxic Masculinity' is a Total Facepalm
- Rakul Preet Singh Gives Befitting Reply to Online Hater Who Slut-shamed Her for Her Outfit
- The Biggest Data Breach of All Time: 773 Million Email Addresses And 21 Million Passwords Exposed
- Propaganda with Films will not Affect the Outcome of Elections: Prakash Jha on Uri, Accidental PM
- Last Amazon And Flipkart Sales Before New E-commerce Guidelines Kick in: Everything to Know
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s