Philippe Coutinho Extends Liverpool Contract Till 2022
Brazil international midfielder Philippe Coutinho has extended his contract with Liverpool, the Premier League side said on its website (www.liverpoolfc.com) on Wednesday.
File Image of Jurgen Klopp. and Phillipe Coutinho. (Getty Images)
Liverpool: Brazil international midfielder Philippe Coutinho has extended his contract with Liverpool, the Premier League side said on its website (www.liverpoolfc.com) on Wednesday.
Although no official details of his new contract were revealed, media reports said the 24-year-old signed a five-and-a-half year extension that will keep him at Liverpool until 2022 and make him the club's highest-paid player.
"It gives me great happiness because I was welcomed here with open arms by everyone at the club and the supporters right from my first day."
Coutinho has scored 34 goals in 163 appearances since he joined the Merseyside club from Inter Milan in January 2013 and has played a pivotal role in Liverpool's solid first half of the season.
Liverpool are fourth in the Premier League standings after 21 games, 10 points behind leaders Chelsea, who they face at Anfield next Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh's Latest Pic from Chooda Ceremony is All Things Love; See Here
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Turbo Review: Racing Stripe on a Running Shoe is Just The Start of Awesomeness
- Here's Everything About the Food Served at Deepika & Ranveer's Konkani-Sindhi Wedding
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2018 Spied Completely Undisguised, Interiors Spied Too
- 'Enough About Ram': Can Ramayana's Sita be the Next Feminist Icon in India?