Poland Reach World Cup With 4-2 Win Over Montenegro
Poland qualified for the 2018 World Cup after a 4-2 home win over Montenegro on Sunday saw them to finish top of Group E with 25 points from 10 games.
Robert Lewandowski of Poland, (Picture Credit: Getty Images)
Warsaw: Poland qualified for the 2018 World Cup after a 4-2 home win over Montenegro on Sunday saw them to finish top of Group E with 25 points from 10 games.
Krzysztof Maczynski and Kamil Grosicki gave Poland a 2-0 lead in the opening 16 minutes, with Robert Lewandowski and a Filip Stojkovic own goal sealing their passage after Montenegro had hit back through Stefan Mugosa and Zarko Tomasevic.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is Now on Sale on Amazon: Variants, Prices, Offers And More
- Indian Dance Crew V Unbeatable Wins America's Got Talent The Champions
- Next-Gen Hyundai Elite i20 Images Leaked Before Official Release, See Pics
- Singapore Invokes New Fake News Law to Block Page And Facebook Says it is Concerned
- Indians Pay More For Mobile & Broadband, if Subscriptions For Netflix And More Are Bundled