Police Probe Sergio Aguero Assault Claim at Bournemouth
Police are investigating an accusation that Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero struck a stadium steward while celebrating the winning goal in his side's 2-1 victory at Bournemouth on Saturday.
Sergio Aguero argues with an offiicial during the match against Bournemouth. (Getty Images)
Bournemouth: Police are investigating an accusation that Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero struck a stadium steward while celebrating the winning goal in his side's 2-1 victory at Bournemouth on Saturday.
Raheem Sterling scored City's winner in the seventh minute of added time at the Vitality Stadium before running towards the visiting supporters to celebrate, where he was joined by several team-mates.
Stewards and police intervened to prevent supporters spilling onto the pitch and in a statement made to police after the game, a steward claimed he was hit by Aguero.
Police had not spoken to the Argentinian, who came on as a second-half substitute, about the incident by the time the City squad left the ground.
There is believed to be video footage of the incident, while photographs show a confrontation between the player and a steward.
City officials are privately thought to believe Aguero will have no case to answer.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Uber Apologises for Viral Photo of Separate Bathrooms for Employees and Drivers in US Office
- Mammootty’s Costliest Film Mamangam Budget is Lesser Than the Salary of a Bollywood Star
- Ramya Krishnan Looks Convincing as Jayalalithaa in Web Series Queen, See Poster
- Reliance Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone Idea: All The New Prepaid Plans Compared
- Reliance Jio New All In One Plans Are Priced Rs 129 Onwards: All The Details