Prajnesh Falls at Final Hurdle at French Open Qualifiers
Prajnesh Gunneswaran will have to wait for his maiden appearance in the main draw of a Grand Slam as he could not cross the final hurdle at the French Open qualifiers, suffering a straight set defeat against Elias Ymer, here on Friday
A file photo of Prajnesh Gunneswaran. (Twitter/ sportsbeatindia)
Paris: Prajnesh Gunneswaran will have to wait for his maiden appearance in the main draw of a Grand Slam as he could not cross the final hurdle at the French Open qualifiers, suffering a straight set defeat against Elias Ymer, here on Friday.
The left-handed Prajnesh, ranked 183, lost 3-6, 4-6 in the third and final round against the Swede, ranked 122 in the world.
Yuki Bhambri is thus the only Indian featuring in the singles main draw at Roland Garros this year with Ramkumar Ramanathan and Sumit Nagal biting the dust in the Qualifiers.
Ankita Raina had also made an early exit from the women's singles qualifiers.
So, none of the Indians could come through the qualifiers. Yuki, ranked 94, earned a direct entry due to his presence in top-100 and will make his maiden appearance at the clay court Grand Slam.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lata Mangeshkar is Stable and Getting Better, Don’t react to Rumours: Spokesperson
- Ayushmann, Deepika, Ranveer, Alia, Vijay Deverakonda Come Together for a Star-Studded Picture
- Shashi Tharoor Made Indians Google ‘Recalcitrance’ After His First-ever Stand up Act
- Photoshopped Image of Cricketer Smriti Mandhana with Lipstick and Fairer Skin Causes Outrage
- Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch Launched With a New Keyboard, Price Starts at Rs 1,99,900