Prajnesh Gunneswaran's Loses His Father Weeks Before His Wedding
Prajnesh Gunneswaran, who is set to get married on November 28, lost his father to illness.
Prajnesh Gunneswaran (Photo Credit: Reuters)
New Delhi: India's top singles tennis player Prajnesh Gunneswaran lost his father SG Prabhakaran on Saturday, about three weeks before he is to get married.
Prabhakaran was not keeping well for the last few months, which necessitated regular visits to the hospital in Chennai.
Prabhakaran, who ran a real estate business, was an avid tennis lover and encouraged his son to achieve excellence in the sport, sending him to Spain for training.
Prajnesh's marriage is fixed for November 28 in Cochin.
"He had been battling a liver ailment for the last few years. It all started with a obstructive jaundice in 2013. Everyone knew he was sinking. He himself knew," said a close friend of Prabhakaran.
"Prajnesh was with his father when he breathed his last," he added.
Family sources said the 29-year-old Prajnesh will not skip the Pune Challenger, starting Monday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Vishal Aditya Singh, Hindustani Bhau Lock Horns During Salman Khan's Weekend Ka Vaar Task
- Enjoying Retired Life, Don't Want to Play Throughout Year: Yuvraj Singh
- Lionel Messi Told Me to Shut My Mouth, Alleges Brazil Coach Tite But Argentine Star Has the Last Laugh
- Jawa Perak Bobber Launched in India at Rs 1.95 Lakh, Gets BS-VI Engine
- Exclusive | WWE Star Charlotte Flair Opens Up on Rivalry-Friendship with Becky Lynch and Why She Can't Resist Indian Food