Praveen Chitravel Clinches Bronze Triple Jump at Youth Olympic Games
India’s medal tally at the Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires saw yet another addition in the form of a Bronze Medal in the men’s triple jump event.
(image: Team india/Twitter)
Praveen Chitravel finished in third place behind Cuba’s Alejandro Diaz (17.14m and 17.04) and Nigeria’s Emmeanuel Oritsemeyiwa (16.34m and 15.51 m) to clinch the Bronze medal.
The 17-year-old Chitravel recorded a best jump of 15.68m on his fourth and final attempt and finished with a total of 31.52m. In the first stage of the event, his best jump saw him register a distance of 15.84m.
#TeamIndia at the @youtholympics #BuenosAires2018— Team India (@ioaindia) October 16, 2018
After the Final Placing of #Athletics Men's Triple Jump event, Praveen Chithravel has a combined (Stage 1+Stage 2) score of 31.52m, placing him 3rd overall! #Bravo A Bronze Medal win for Praveen #IAmTeamIndia @afiindia pic.twitter.com/cqyG05NieQ
This is India’s second medal in athletics so far after Suraj Panwar won the Silver Medal in the men’s 5,000m race walk event.
This is India’s 12th medal overall at Buenos Aires 2018 so far.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 12: Shilpa Shinde Brutally Trolled for Defending Sreesanth on Washing Utensils
- China Steps up Web Surveillance; Internet Firms Directed to Provide User Logs
- Sara Ali Khan on Sushant Singh Rajput: I Couldn’t Have Done Any of It Without Him
- Parineeti Slams Report That Claimed She Will not be a Bridesmaid at Priyanka Chopra's Wedding
- AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championship: Spotlight Again on Mary Kom as World's Best Descend to New Delhi