Praveen Chitravel Clinches Bronze Triple Jump at Youth Olympic Games
India’s medal tally at the Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires saw yet another addition in the form of a Bronze Medal in the men’s triple jump event.
(image: Team india/Twitter)
Praveen Chitravel finished in third place behind Cuba’s Alejandro Diaz (17.14m and 17.04) and Nigeria’s Emmeanuel Oritsemeyiwa (16.34m and 15.51 m) to clinch the Bronze medal.
The 17-year-old Chitravel recorded a best jump of 15.68m on his fourth and final attempt and finished with a total of 31.52m. In the first stage of the event, his best jump saw him register a distance of 15.84m.
#TeamIndia at the @youtholympics #BuenosAires2018— Team India (@ioaindia) October 16, 2018
After the Final Placing of #Athletics Men's Triple Jump event, Praveen Chithravel has a combined (Stage 1+Stage 2) score of 31.52m, placing him 3rd overall! #Bravo A Bronze Medal win for Praveen #IAmTeamIndia @afiindia pic.twitter.com/cqyG05NieQ
This is India’s second medal in athletics so far after Suraj Panwar won the Silver Medal in the men’s 5,000m race walk event.
This is India’s 12th medal overall at Buenos Aires 2018 so far.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- 'Mere Gully Mein' Creator Claims He was Not Paid for His Track Being Used in Gully Boy
- New 2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Launched in India for Rs 4.19 Lakh, Gets 7 Variants
- Every Year During Diwali, I would Go Away to the Jungle: PM Narendra Modi to 'Humans of Bombay'
- The Indian-ness of Kamala Harris, the 'Female Barack Obama' Set to Contest the Next US Elections
- Serena Williams Knocked Out of Australian Open in Rare Meltdown; It’s Pliskova vs Osaka in Semis
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s