Premier League Winter Break to Come into Effect in 2019/20 Season
England's Premier League has agreed to introduce a winter break in a historic move to give players a rest during an increasingly crowded season, the Football Association (FA) announced Friday.
Representational Image (Getty Images)
London: England's Premier League has agreed to introduce a winter break in a historic move to give players a rest during an increasingly crowded season, the Football Association (FA) announced Friday.
The break -- which falls short of those taken in mainland European leagues -- will give the 10 Premier League teams a weekend off football in February beginning in the 2019/20 campaign.
"This is a significant moment for English football and one that we believe will greatly benefit both club and country," said FA chief executive Martin Glenn.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Spotify Premium Now Available With 3 Months of Free Access for New Users
- India Women's Football Team to Play Two Friendlies Against Uzbekistan
- World Badminton Championships: B Sai Praneeth Enter Quarters, HS Prannoy Loses
- Not Just a Dropped Pin: Spacewalking Scientists Add Parking Spot to International Space Station
- Woman Abandoned by Boyfriend on a Road Trip Assumed She was Being Pranked