Puneri Paltan Name Girish Ernak as Captain For PKL Season 6
Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) franchise Puneri Paltan announced Girish Ernak as captain for the upcoming sixth season of the league on Wednesday.
Pune: Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) franchise Puneri Paltan announced Girish Ernak as captain for the upcoming sixth season of the league on Wednesday.
Girish has been associated with Puneri Paltan from season 5. Kailash Kandpal, CEO of Puneri Paltan, Ernak, and Head coach Ashan Kumar, unveiled the team's jersey for the upcoming season, a media release issued here said.
"Girish will take charge of the team this season. With his leadership skills, I am sure he will up the team's game in Season 6," Kandpal was quoted as saying in the release.
The sixth season of the PKL begins October 7 and Puneri Paltan will be playing its first match against U Mumba on the same day in Chennai.
Puneri Paltan's home leg matches in Pune are scheduled from October 18 to 24.
As per the release, in addition to Force Motors Ltd and Kirloskar Brothers Ltd, Xiaomi India is a new brand on board as the official smartphone partner of the team.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- U-17 Women's World Cup Will Positively Impact Entire Indian Ecosystem: FIFA Chief Women's Football Officer
- Indian Dance Crew V Unbeatable Wins America's Got Talent The Champions
- Singapore Invokes New Fake News Law to Block Page And Facebook Says it is Concerned
- Sneak Peek into FIFA's Legacy Projects Ahead of U-17 Women's World Cup in India
- Kohli Just 'Invited' the Internet to Meme His Comical Photo and Desi Fans Didn't Disappoint