PV Sindhu Is Now World No 3, Srikanth, Praneeth Gain
Rio Olympics silver medallist PV Sindhu climbed up two places to be at No. 3 in the latest BWF ranking released on Thursday.
New Delhi: Rio Olympics silver medallist PV Sindhu climbed up two places to be at No. 3 in the latest BWF ranking released on Thursday.
Sindhu, who had slipped to number five last week, earned two spots on the basis of making the quarterfinals of the recently-concluded Singapore Open Super Series.
The 21-year-old Sindhu had reached a career-best World No. 2 two weeks ago.
London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal also jumped up a place to be ranked eighth.
In the men's singles, the finalists of the Singapore Open -- runner-up Kidambi Srikanth and winner B Sai Praneeth -- both jumped as many as eight positions each to be placed at 21st and 22nd respectively.
Ajay Jayaram continued to be the highest-ranked Indian at the 13th position, having moved a place.
Recommended For You
- Watch | Behind the Scenes With the Superstars of Mumbai Indians
- Gionee S11 Lite vs Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro: The Best Budget Phone Battle
- Talvar 2: Vishal Bhardwaj To Make Film On Ryan International Student's Murder; Parents Unaware
- All-New Ford Freestyle Launched in India for Rs 5.09 Lakh
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S First Look: Signature Redefined