Rafael Nadal Continues to Lead ATP Rankings
Spanish tennis player remained in the number one spot in the men's Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) world singles rankings
Rafael Nadal (AP Image)
Madrid: Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal remained in the number one spot in the men's Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) world singles rankings released on Monday. Nadal, 16-time Grand Slam champion, maintained the top spot although he lost the Shanghai Rolex Masters final on Sunday against Switzerland's Roger Federer who came in second, reports Efe.
Britain's Andy Murray occupied the third position, while Croatian Marin Cilic jumped to the fourth. German Alexander Zverev dropped to fifth. Austrian Dominic Thiem went up one position to replace Serbian Novak Djokovic, who held the seventh spot. Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov jumped to the eighth spot, while Swiss Stan Wawrinka dropped to the ninth.
The current ATP rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 10,465 points
2. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 8,505
3. Andy Murray (United Kingdom) 5,290
4. Marin Cilic (Croatia) 4,505
5. Alexander Zverev (Germany) 4,400
6. Dominic Thiem (Austria) 3,935
7. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 3,765
8. Grigor Dimitrov (Bulgaria) 3,590
9. Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) 3,450
10. David Goffin (Belgium) 2,885.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Janhvi Kapoor Steps Out With Price Tag Attached to Outfit
- Anand Mahindra Wants to Gift a Car to Man Who Took His Mother on India Tour on Scooter
- Bigg Boss 13: Abu Malik Says Shehnaz Gill Has Support of Salman Khan
- People are Copy-Pasting Nick Jonas' Karwa Chauth Tweet but With a Hilarious Twist
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back