Rahul, Manu-Sumeeth Clinch Titles at Lagos Open
Indian shuttler C Rahul Yadav and men's doubles pair of Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy clinched the men's singles and men's doubles title respectively at Lagos International challenge in Nigeria.
A file photo of Manu Attri and Sumeeth Reddy. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: Indian shuttler C Rahul Yadav and men's doubles pair of Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy clinched the men's singles and men's doubles title respectively at Lagos International challenge in Nigeria.
Fourth-seeded Rahul surpassed compatriot Karan Rajan Rajarajan 21-15 21-13 in the summit clash to lay claim to the title at the Molade Okoya-Thomas Hall of the Teslim Balogun Stadium on Saturday.
The 19-year-old, who had won the Maritius Open last year, stunned top-seed and World No. 55 Misha Zilberman in the semifinals.
A shuttler from Gopi Chand Academy, Rahul had recently won the bronze medal in the Russain Open Grand Prix.
In the doubles summit clash, top-seeds Manu and Sumeeth, who played at the Rio Olympics, defeated local pair of Godwin Olofua and Anouluwapo Juwon Opeyori 21-13 21-15.
In women's singles, India's Mugdho Agrey finished as runners-up after losing 12-21 14-21 to Sri Lanka's Thilini Pramodika Hendahewa in the finals.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Smriti Irani Reveals Why She is Jealous of 'Bro' and Fitness Guru Micky Mehta in Insta Post
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day