Rani Rampal, Saurabh Chaudhary Win Top Honours at FICCI India Sports Awards
Rani Rampal and Saurabh Chaudhary won the Sports Person of the Year awards at the FICCI India Sports Awards 2019.
Rani Rampal (L) and Saurabh Chaudhary.
New Delhi: Indian women's hockey team captain Rani Rampal and ace pistol shooter Saurabh Chaudhary won the Sports Person of the Year awards at the FICCI India Sports Awards 2019 on Wednesday.
Rani played a crucial role in India's qualification for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, scoring the winning goal in the two-legged qualifier against the US in November.
Saurabh, on the other hand, is touted as India's biggest hope for a medal in shooting in Tokyo. He won gold at the 2018 Asian Games and has since won a number of individual and team honours at shooting World Cups.
The FICCI India Sports Awards are an attempt by FICCI to acknowledge and recognise the contribution of sportspersons and various stakeholders who deliver excellent results through out the year.
Odisha Sports Minister Tusharkanti Behera and the state's Secretary-cum-Commissioner, Department of Sports & Youth Services, Vishal Kumar Dev, presented the awards to the winners.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tata Motors to Launch Nexon Electric SUV in India Today: Watch it Live Here [Video]
- Australian Open 2020 Day 9 LIVE Score and Updates: Barty Reaches Semis, Federer, Djokovic Yet to Play
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 119 Written Updates: Salman Khan Evicts Shefali Jariwala, Sidharth Shukla Wins Elite Membership
- WhatsApp Users Beware: This Simple Trick Can Save Your Phone From Being Hacked
- This Compilation of Kobe Bryant and His Daughter Gianna's On-Court Moments Has Left Fans in Tears