Real Madrid Defender Pepe Bound for China: Report
Real Madrid's 33-year-old central defender Pepe will join Chinese Super League side Hebei China Fortune when his contract expires at the end of June, according to a Spanish media report on Wednesday.
File photo of Portuguese defender Pepe
Madrid: Real Madrid's 33-year-old central defender Pepe will join Chinese Super League side Hebei China Fortune when his contract expires at the end of June, according to a Spanish media report on Wednesday.
The Portuguese international, who turns 34 in February, has so far resisted offers of a new deal to remain in the Spanish capital, reports Xinhua.
Spanish radio station Cadena Cope said he has been offered 15.5 million euros (around $17 million) a season, around three times his current earnings, to move to China.
The chance to join Hebei China Fortune would be made more attractive by the fact that the club is currently being coached by Manuel Pellegrini, who was his coach at Real Madrid during the 2009-2010 season.
Pepe is currently sidelined from action in Spain by a calf injury which he picked up in December and which has kept him out for over a month.
Recommended For You
- ATK’s Komal Thatal Called Up For Indian Team Camp Ahead of Jordan Friendly
- Sony WH-1000XM3 Review: The Bose QuietComfort 35 II is Under Serious Threat, And it is Too Close to Call
- World Diabetes Day: The Connection Between Breakfast and Diabetes
- Samsung W2019 Flip Phone With Two 4.2-Inch S-AMOLED Touch Displays Launched
- 'I Know I am Muslim as Others Don't Let Me Forget': When House Hunting in Metros Turns into Nightmare