Rishank Devadiga Named Captain of PKL Side UP Yoddhas
Pro Kabaddi League team UP Yoddhas named raider Rishank Devadiga as its captain for the sixth edition of the tournament, starting on November 2.
Greater Noida: Pro Kabaddi League team UP Yoddhas named raider Rishank Devadiga as its captain for the sixth edition of the tournament, starting on November 2.
The launch ceremony was attended by UP sports minister Chetan Chauhan and players from the squad among others.
"Given Uttar Pradesh's rich history in the sport of Kabaddi it was befitting for UP to have a team in the league and I am glad that the GMR Group recognised this opportunity," said Chauhan.
The team is being coached by former national player Jasvir Singh. Jasvir is a former Asian Games Gold medallist and was a part of the national squad that won the World Cup in 2016.
Devadiga leads the 19-member squad of the UP Yoddha team, which consists of seven raiders, eight Defenders and four all-rounders.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Most Famous Refugee Family': Church Nativity Scene Shows Jesus, Mary & Joseph as Caged Immigrants
- I-League 2019-20: Srinagar Airport 'Inoperative', Real Kashmir FC's Next 2 Games Cancelled
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders
- Sania Mirza's Sister Anam Feels Grateful, Shares Snaps of Her Bridal Shower on Social Media
- 2019 is Ending But the 'Beginners' Memes are Just Starting