Roger Federer Celebrates 1500th Match With Breezy 1st Round Win in Basel
Roger Federer demolished German qualifier Peter Gojowczyk 6-2, 6-1 to enter the second round of ATP Swiss Indoors.
Roger Federer eased into the second round in Basel. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Basel: Roger Federer opened his bid for a 10th title at the ATP Swiss Indoors in Basel on Monday, crushing German qualifier Peter Gojowczyk 6-2, 6-1 in the opening round.
This was a landmark 1,500th career match for the 38-year-old Swiss legend as he chases his 103rd title.
Federer is defending the 2018 title at his hometown event. The victory improved his career record at the tournament to 72-9 and increased his Basel win streak to 21 straight matches.
Roger's off to the perfect start 👌
In his 1500th ATP match, @rogerfederer defeats Gojowczyk 6-2, 6-1 to kick off his Basel campaign in fine & fantastic fashion 👏
— ATP Tour (@atptour) October 21, 2019
Federer, who has made the Basel final on all of his last 12 visits, owns ATP titles this season in Dubai, Miami and Halle.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ponting Backs Burns' Return to Australia Test Squad
- Ali Fazal's Reply to Fan's Request to Ask Girlfriend Richa Chaddha to Unblock Him Will Leave You in Splits
- Despite Advisory Bed Rest, Amitabh Bachchan Pulls Off 18 Hour Shift for Kaun Banega Crorepati
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Calls Sidharth 'Kaamchor' and 'Magarmach', Twitterati Divide in Support
- IAF Rafale Fighter Jet: What Makes Dassault-Made Plane So Important for India