Rogers Cup: Rohan Bopanna-Denis Shapovalov Bow Out After Losing in Semi-finals
Rohan Bopanna and Denis Shapovalov lost to Robin Haase and Wesley Koolhof in the Rogers Cup men's doubles semi-finals.
Rohan Bopanna and Denis Shapovalov could not reach the final. (Photo Credit: Rogers Cup)
Toronto: India's Rohan Bopanna and his partner Denis Shapovalov crashed out of the ATP Montreal Masters after going down in straight sets in the semi-finals of the men's doubles event here.
The unseeded duo of Bopanna and Shapovalov lost 6-7 (3-7), 6-7 to the Dutch combination of Robin Haase and Wesley Koolhof in a hard-fought contest.
Haase and Koolhof will now face the Spanish-Argentine pair of Marcel Granollers and Horacio Zeballos in the title clash.
The Indo-Canadian pair had earlier got a walkover in their quarterfinal clash against France's Benoit Paire and Swiss Stan Wawrinka.
Bopanna and Shapovalov had knocked out the fourth seed French pair of Nichola Mahut and Edouard Roger-Vasselin before defeating Kyle Edmund and Taylor Fritz in straight sets in the round of 16.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Ira Khan Shares Romantic Pic With Boyfriend Mishaal, But Her Caption Spark Concern Among Netizens
- Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Leaked Ahead of Launch, All-Black SUV Looks Dominating
- NASA’s Next Moon Landing Will be Powered by The Aitken Supercomputer Made by HP
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- First Details of The OnePlus TV Confirmed: It Will Have a 55-Inch QLED Panel