195/288 Seats ((145 Seats to Win)
|Wins + Leads||133||31||31||18||13|
Roland Garros: Dominic Thiem Holds Advantage Against Novak Djokovic as Rain Pushes Play to Saturday
Play was called off due to deteriorating weather conditions with Dominic Thiem leading 6-2 3-6 3-1 when rain stopped play for the second time.
Play was called off in the third set (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Paris: The semifinal between Novak Djokovic and Dominic Thiem has been suspended for the day because of rain in the third set.
The players split the first two sets — Thiem took the opener 6-2, then Djokovic grabbed the second 6-3 — and Thiem was up a break at 3-1 in the third when action was halted.
About 45 minutes later, tournament officials announced the match would resume Saturday.
The No. 1-seeded Djokovic has won 26 consecutive Grand Slam matches as he bids for a fourth major title in a row and 16th overall.
No. 4 Thiem seeks his first major championship. He was the runner-up at Roland Garros in 2018.
The winner of their semifinal will face Rafael Nadal in Sunday's final. He beat Roger Federer earlier Friday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- BCCI Chief Sourav Ganguly Wore His Team Blazer From 19 Years Ago, Fans Go Gaga Over 'Dada Swag'
- Bigg Boss 13: Abu Malik Says Shehnaz Gill Has Support of Salman Khan
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back