Roland Garros: Marketa Vondrousova Beats Johanna Konta to Reach French Open Final
19-year-old Marketa Vondrousova defeated Johanna Konta in a highly competitive clash to book her spot in the French Open final.
Marketa Vondrousova defeated Johanna Konta to book her place in the French Open final (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Paris: Czech teenager Marketa Vondrousova reached her maiden Grand Slam final by edging out Britain's Johanna Konta in a nervy last-four clash at Roland Garros on Friday.
The 26th seed Konta served for both sets, but 19-year-old Vondrousova battled through 7-5, 7-6 (7/2) in damp and windy conditions.
World number 38 Vondrousova will face either eighth seed Ashleigh Barty or fellow teenager Amanda Anisimova in Saturday's final.
Recommended For You
- Now Pay a Fine of Rs 10,000 for not Letting Ambulance Pass, Drink & Drive as Per Updated Motor Bill
- Kim Kardashian Shares Her New Line of Shapewear Called Kimono, Faces Backlash for Cultural Appropriation
- Disha Patani Sets Ultimate Fitness Goals with Her One-handed Cartwheel
- Pakistan's Eerily Similar Results to 1992 World Cup Win Has Fans Praying For Another Miracle
- RBI Committee Recommendations For KYC on Google Duo or Apple FaceTime Could See Larger Implementation
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s