Roland Garros: Marketa Vondrousova Beats Johanna Konta to Reach French Open Final
19-year-old Marketa Vondrousova defeated Johanna Konta in a highly competitive clash to book her spot in the French Open final.
Marketa Vondrousova defeated Johanna Konta to book her place in the French Open final (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Paris: Czech teenager Marketa Vondrousova reached her maiden Grand Slam final by edging out Britain's Johanna Konta in a nervy last-four clash at Roland Garros on Friday.
The 26th seed Konta served for both sets, but 19-year-old Vondrousova battled through 7-5, 7-6 (7/2) in damp and windy conditions.
World number 38 Vondrousova will face either eighth seed Ashleigh Barty or fellow teenager Amanda Anisimova in Saturday's final.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Goal
- Priyanka Chopra Plans the Perfect Birthday Outing for Nick Jonas
- Plumber's Re 0 Invoice for 91-Year-Old Ill Woman Earns Him Praises on Internet