Roland Garros: Petra Kvitova Withdraws With Left Arm Injury
Roland Garros: Petra Kvitova was set to play Slovenian lucky loser Kaja Juvan in the first round in Paris.
Petra Kvitova had been due to play Romania's Sorana Cirstea. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Czech sixth seed and two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova withdrew from Roland Garros on Monday with a left arm injury.
Kvitova had been due to play Romania's Sorana Cirstea in her opening Roland Garros match on Court Suzanne Lenglen later in the day.
"I am so disappointed to have to announce my withdrawal from Roland Garros," Kvitova, 29, wrote on Twitter.
"I have had pain in my left forearm for a few weeks and last night an MRI confirmed a Grade Two tear which unfortunately could get worse if I play today."
Kvitova has been replaced in the draw by Slovenian lucky loser Kaja Juvan.
Recommended For You
- Feel For You Shikhar, Says Tendulkar: Backs Replacement Pant to Shine
- Jeff Bezos Sees Lunar Ice Reservoir as Potential Rocket Fuel Source
- Dogs Trained by Researchers Detect Lung Cancer with Almost 100 Percent Accuracy
- Kia Seltos SUV Unveiled in India, Gets Connectivity Features and 10.25-inch Touchscreen
- Ranveer Singh Gets Legal Notice from WWE Wrestler Brock Lesnar's Advocate Paul Heyman
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s