Rotterdam Open: Rohan Bopanna-Denis Shapovalov Enter Men's Doubles Semi-finals
Rotterdam Open 2020: Rohan Bopanna-Denis Shapovalov beat fourth seeds Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau in the men's doubles quarter-finals.
Rohan Bopanna and Denis Shapovalov (Photo Credit: @rakutenopen)
Rotterdam: India's Rohan Bopanna and his Canadian partner Denis Shapovalov advanced to the men's doubles semi-finals of the ABN Amro World Tennis Tournament with an impressive win over fourth seeds Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau here.
The unseeded Indo-Canadian combine beat the Romanian-Dutch pairing of Tecau and Rojer 6-2, 3-6, 10-7 in a quarter-final played on Thursday.
Bopanna and Shapovalov had a decent first serve percentage of 67 and won three of the seven break points on offer.
They next meet the winners of the quarter-final between Henri Kontinen and Jan-Lennard Struff, and, Jamie Murray and Neal Skupski.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- NASA Records 'Hottest Temperature' in Antarctica, Shows Shocking Images of Melting Snow
- Twitter Comes Crashing Down as Photo of 'Great Wall of Ahmedabad' Built to Welcome Trump Goes Viral
- Watch: Elderly Pune Woman Stands on Pavement and Scolds Bikers Riding on the Footpath
- Tyson Fury Seen Licking Deontay Wilder's Blood During Fight, Fans are Grossed Out
- Ahead of Festival, Indian-American Entrepreneur Launches 'Holi Ghee' to Pay Homage to Desi Sweets