Saina Nehwal Bows Out of Australian Open Super Series
London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal crashed out of the $750,000 Australia Open Superseries after going down to sixth-seeded Sun Yu of China in a women's singles quarter-final match here on Friday.
Saina Nehwal (Getty Images)
Sydney: London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal crashed out of the $750,000 Australia Open Superseries after going down to sixth-seeded Sun Yu of China in a women's singles quarter-final match here on Friday.
The Chinese shuttler beat Saina 21-17, 10-21, 21-17 in a match that lasted for an hour and 19 minutes and will now take on Nozomi Okuhara, who beat fellow Japanese Sayaka Takahashi in another tie.
With Saina's loss, India's campaign in the women's singles category ended in the Australian Open as her compatriot P.V. Sindhu also lost her quarter-final match earlier in the day.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Taimur Forget Way to Pataudi Palace, Locals Catch Them for Selfies
- Salman Khan Miffed with Ranbir Kapoor's Tentative Film's Title Devil?
- Woman Sets Apartment on Fire While Trying to Burn Love Letter from Her Ex
- Unidentified, Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Farmhouse in Telangana
- Europa League 2019, Manchester United vs Astana Live Streaming: When and Where to Watch Live Telecast