Sakshi Malik Enters Finals at Asian Wrestling Championship
Rio Olympics bronze medallist woman wrestler Sakshi Malik (60kg) assured herself of a silver medal after reaching the finals at the Asian Wrestling Championship here on Friday.
Sakshi Malik. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: Rio Olympics bronze medallist woman wrestler Sakshi Malik (60kg) assured herself of a silver medal after reaching the finals at the Asian Wrestling Championship here on Friday.
The 24-year-old from Haryana defeated Ayaulym Kassymova of Kazakhstan to enter the finals. She had advanced to the semi-final after beating Uzbek grappler Nabira Esenbaeva 6-2 in the quarterfinal bout.
Sakshi will face Olympic gold medallist Japan's Risako Kawai in the finals.
Sakshi had become the first Indian female wrestler to win a medal at the Olympics when she clinched the bronze in the 58 kg category at Rio Games.
She had previously won the silver medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, and the bronze medal at the 2015 Asian Wrestling Championships in Doha.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma-Ginni Chatrath's Wedding Sangeet: Guests Have a Blast With Krushna, Bharti
- Priyanka, Nick Return to Mumbai Hand in Hand After a Brief Romantic Getaway, See Pics
- Rajinikanth’s 2.0 is Blockbuster in Hindi too, Kedarnath Rock Solid at Box Office
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Actor Parul Chauhan is Now Married! Check Out the First Photos of the Newlyweds
- First Look: The OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Has More RAM Than Your PC, But is That All?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s