Sakshi Malik Says Haryana Government Yet to Fulfil Promise
Olympics bronze medallist wrestler Sakshi Malik has claimed that she has not yet received the incentives promised to her by the Haryana government after her historic medal at the Rio Games.
New Delhi: Olympics bronze medallist wrestler Sakshi Malik has claimed that she has not yet received the incentives promised to her by the Haryana government after her historic medal at the Rio Games.
"Medal ka vada maine pura kiya, Haryana sarkar apna vada kab pura karegi? (I fulfilled my promise of winning an Olympic medal for the country, when will Haryana government fulfil its promise?)," tweeted Sakshi.
"Announcements made by Haryana Government after my OLYMPIC MEDAL win were for MEDIA ONLY ?," she further posted on her twitter handle.
Cash rewards and incentives amounting to at least Rs 3.5 crore were announced by the Haryana government after Sakshi created history at the Rio Games last year by becoming the first woman wrestler from India to win an Olympic medal.
Government of Haryana -- Sakshi's state -- had announced before Olympics Rs 6 crore for gold medallists, Rs 4 crore for silver and Rs 2.5 crore for bronze winners.
The 24-year-old girl from Rohtak had clinched a bronze medal in the 58kg freestyle category.
Recommended For You
- West Indies Legend Brian Lara Hospitalised After Chest Pain in Mumbai
- Dyson Lightcycle Review: Your Table Probably Doesn’t Deserve This Sophisticated Piece of Lighting
- Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 4: Shahid Kapoor-Kiara Advani Starrer Earns Rs 88 Crore
- Deepika Padukone Slays in Chic Outfit in This Stunning Photo Shoot, Ranveer Singh Takes Full Credit
- All About IAF Mirage-2000 Fighter Jet: India's Hero in Kargil War 20 Years Ago and Now at Balakot
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s