Sania Mirza Enters Women's Doubles Semi-finals of Hobart International
Hobart International: Sania Mirza, along with Nadiia Kichenok of Ukraine, defeated Vania King and Christina McHale 6-2, 4-6, 10-4.
Sania Mirza (Photo Credit: Twitter)
Hobart: Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza continued her winning run as she entered the women's doubles semifinals of the Hobart International here on Thursday.
Partnering Nadiia Kichenok of Ukraine, Sania defeated the American duo of Vania King and Christina McHale 6-2, 4-6, 10-4 in the quarterfinals.
In a match that was tied at 1-1, the fifth seed Indo-Ukranian duo of Sania and Kichenok put up dominating performance to prevail in the tie-break.
They will now lock horns against the Slovenian-Czech pair of Tamara Zidansek and Marie Bouzkova.
The 33-year-old Sania, who last played at China Open in October 2017, battled injury breakdowns before taking a formal break to give birth to her son Izhaan.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- The Curious Case of BJP's Tajinder Singh Bagga, Twitter 'Troll' Who Could be Future Neta
- 'You Make Me So Proud', Says Ranveer Singh to Deepika Padukone After Crystal Awards
- These Memes From Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan Trailer Prove That the Film is Already a Hit
- Mahindra XUV300 Gets 5-Star Crash Test Safety Rating from Global NCAP: Watch Video
- Just a Video of Elephant Taking a Stroll in Sri Lankan Hotel and Inspecting Things With its Trunk