Sania Mirza to be Back to Tennis Action at Hobart International With Partner Nadiia Kichenok
Sania Mirza will make her comeback after sabbatical for motherhood along with her partner Nadiia Kichenok at Hobart International.
Sania Mirza. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Hobart: Sania Mirza and her partner Nadiia Kichenok have been drawn to meet Oksana Kalashnikova of Georgia and Miyu Kato of Japan in their opening round at the Hobart International, the first tournament the Indian ace will compete in her comeback bid.
The unseeded Indo-Ukrainian team may run into Spanish fourth seeds Georgina Garcia Perez and Sara Sorribes Tormo in the quarterfinals.
The Spanish players had reached three WTA tour finals in 2019 season and won two of them.
Sania is returning to the circuit after two years, having started a family with Pakistan cricketer Shoaib Malik.
Meanwhile, Sania has decided to pair with compatriot Rohan Bopanna at the Australian Open as Rajeev Ram, with whom she had originally planned to play at the first Grand Slam of the season, has pulled out. Sania and Rohan had last played in the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Bopanna began the season in splendid fashion winning the ATP Qatar Open with Wesley Koolhof.
Last year also Bopanna had begun with a title win in Pune with Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Says He's Missing Jeff Bezos' ‘Uninhibited Laughter'
- East Bengal Fans Hold Anti-CAA, NRC Protest During Kolkata Derby in I-League 2019-20
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Buy This Samsung 55-inch 4K TV For as Low As Rs 29500
- Gustav Klimt's Solen Artwork Worth $66 Million Found in Wall of Art Gallery from Where it Went Missing
- US Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley Becomes an Inspiration to All With Her Powerful Hair Loss Story